Monday, June 23, 2014

BIKINI TIME …


It's Sunday and time to write another article for the blog. I'm trying to think of what to write and everything and anything passes by my mind, in order to find something suitable. I try to think of something that will inspire me and I try to reminiscent on what happened last week … Then, I start looking around, it's partly cloudy and partly sunny. I am thinking about putting a bathing suit and sunbathing but … what do I wear?  

I skim through swimsuit websites to see what's trendy for this summer and realize that the look is becoming increasing more revealing and more skin is showing.  The bottoms are called "Brazilian" and the more I look at them the more I contemplate a possible move to Alaska …at least for the summer!  I do realize that the women presenting the swimsuits are models … but something happened to them … they seem to have not only bigger breasts but they also have bigger buttocks as well. 


And of course, my inquiring mind wants to know, thus I drop these websites and start researching the trends in plastic surgery!  Voila! Buttock augmentation or gluteal augmentation, buttock implants, or Brazilian butt lift.  Any way you name it, it boils down to one thing: the procedure intended for men and women who would like more curves which augments the shape of a person's buttocks providing a more shapely rear profile.  So now, not only do we have Brazilian bottoms in a bathing suit, but also we have Brazilian buttocks to go with them.  Nice!    

How is that possible?  Easy …  via the use of silicone or polymethyl-metacrylate (PMMA) implants which are placed either under or on top of the gluteus maximus muscle, through an incision in the midline between the buttocks or by an incision made underneath the buttocks, via hydrogel injections (which are not approved for use in the US) or via fat injections.  This requires that excess fat is removed from another part of the body, typically around the abdominal area, the hips, or the thighs, and once this fat is purified and liquified, it is re-injected into the buttocks.  Sounds easy, doesn't it? 

Unfortunately, even though it is generally speaking easy, inserting a foreign body (silicone implants) or other material injections comes with a plethora of complications making this a risky cosmetic surgery. Complication of foreign bodies other than the patient's own fat may include: the risk of infection, seromas, nerve and/or muscle damage, mal-positioning or slippage, and thus asymmetry or disfigurement, if you opt for the more permanent volumizing provided by the implants.

Fat transfers seem to be the safest way to increase volume.  Even with fat injections, the  fat injected that remains after a year varies. 



So … my question is: Is this really worth it?  In my mind, re-injecting the fat from a very precise liposculpting procedure, by a skilled Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, will do the trick!   

3 comments:


  1. If you are looking for Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery in India come to MedSpa. Dr. Ajaya Kashyap India's best plastic surgeon help you to make you understand all thing about Brazilian Butt Lift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. does hair transplants work michigan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. face lift michigan

    ReplyDelete